Tips for your new puppy
How will you make your puppy’s adoption a family success?
The big day is approaching, you will soon be able to pick your puppy and bring him back home...
Make sure your first days go smoothly with our checklists and tips!
Checklist of things you will need to have:
- For sweet dreams: comfortable bed and blanket
- For nice walks: Lead and collar
- For delicious meals: food bowl, water bowl, puppy food
- For hours of fun: toys like rope, puzzle feeders
- Also consider a crate or puppy pen, to create a safe place for your puppy inside your home
- And of course ADAPTIL Junior to provide “comforting messages” constantly!
- Puppy proof your home: Remove anything that you would not wish to be chewed, like… electrical wires
- If you have a garden, make sure fencing and gates are secure
- In case your puppy gets lost, have him wear a tag or medal with your puppy’s name and your phone number
Prepare yourself to become a patient teacher!
Your puppy has many things to learn… from you!
- Sleep through the night
- House training
- House rules: where to sleep, where to eat
- Recognize and answer to his name
- Walk on the leash
- You might want some help from professional teachers: puppy class is an excellent way to train your puppy
Follow our socialisation and achievement list for your puppy:
Are your ready for your puppy?TAKE THE QUIZ