Changes in routine, the inherent chaos children bring to a household, visitors or loud noises can stress your dog at home. Learn how to help your dog stay calm.
How To Help Your Dog Relax At Home in 5 Tips
Create a safe haven for your dog
- Give your dog a chance to retreat from visitors, noise or children
- Create a safe place in a quiet area of your home or somewhere your dog already spends a lot of time.
- Use a dog bed or crate made comfy with blankets and cushions. Some dogs like to have area covered too.
Use ADAPTIL Calm Home Diffuser to help your dog feel calm & safe
- Releases “comforting messages”’ to create a safe and secure environment
- Constantly plug it where your dog spends most of the time
- Improvement can be seen within a week
- Continued use for at least one month is recommended
Relaxed dog parent = relaxed dog
- If you are stressed, your dog might recognise it
- Stay relaxed and behave as normally as possible. By doing so, this will provide comfort to your dog
- Continue your usual routine with your dog as much as possible, such as mealtimes or going for walkies at the same time each day