Tips for your new puppy
How will you make your puppy’s adoption a family success?
The big day is approaching, you will soon be able to pick your puppy and bring him back home...
Make sure your first days go smoothly with our checklists and tips!
Checklist of things you will need to have:
- For sweet dreams: comfortable bed and blanket
- For nice walks: leash and collar
- For delicious meals: food bowl, water bowl, puppy food
- For hours of fun: toys, like rope and puzzle feeders
- Also consider a crate or puppy pen, to create a safe place for your puppy inside your home
- And of course ADAPTIL Junior to provide “comforting messages” constantly!
- Puppy-proof your home: remove anything that you would not want your puppy chewing, like electrical wires.
- If you have a garden, make sure fencing and gates are secure.
- In case your puppy gets lost, have him wear a tag or medal with your puppy’s name and your phone number.
Prepare yourself to become a patient teacher!
Your puppy has many things to learn… from you!
- Sleeping through the night
- House rules: where to sleep, where to eat
- Recognizing and answering to his name
- Walking on a leash
- You might want some help from professional teachers: puppy class is an excellent way to train your puppy
Are your ready for your puppy?TAKE THE QUIZ