Tips for your new puppy
How to make your puppy’s adoption a family success?
The big day is approaching, you will soon be able to pick your puppy and bring him back home...
Make sure your first days go smoothly with our checklists and tips.
Checklist of things you will need to have:
- For sweet dreams: comfortable bed and blanket
- For nice walks: leash and collar/harness
- For meals: food bowl, water bowl, puppy food
- For hours of fun: different types of toys, especially for chewing
- Also consider a crate to create a safe place for your puppy inside your home
- And of course ADAPTIL Junior to provide “comforting messages” constantly
- Puppy proof your home: remove or secure anything that might be chewed, like electrical wires
- If you have a yard, make sure fencing and gates are secure
- In case your puppy gets lost, have him wear a collar and a tag with your puppy’s name and your phone number
Prepare yourself to become a patient teacher.
Your puppy has many things to learn from you.
- How to sleep through the night
- House training
- House rules: where to sleep, where to eat
- Recognize and answer to his name
- Walk on a leash
- You might want some help from professionals: puppy class is an excellent way to train your puppy
Are your ready for your puppy?TAKE THE QUIZ