Your dog is a highly social animal. They feel better and more confident when you are around. However, you can’t take them with you everywhere.
How can you tell if your dog is having issues when home alone?
Since you are not there, how can you know what happens? Use your phone to record what your dog does while you are gone. Ask your neighbours, they might hear some whining or barking. Check your door frames for scratch marks. Also your dog might leave some very obvious signs, like destroying furniture.
Take our short questionnaire to see if you dog has home issues and get personal advice to help solve it:
HOW STRESSED IS YOUR DOG HOME ALONE?
So what can you do?
- Make sure your dog has plenty of exercise before you leave and plenty of distraction during your time away
- Plug in ADAPTIL Calm Home Diffuser to release “comforting messages” that will help calm your dog
- Avoid making a big fuss when you leave. Ignore your dog if he’s super excited when you come back, wait until he’s calm to say "hi"
- Reward your dog when he settles down and plays quietly with you around
Using ADAPTIL Calm Home Diffuser will help your dog feel calm and relaxed when you are away.
ADAPTIL Calm Home Diffuser is clinically proven to show results within the first month:
- 91% less destruction to furniture and belongings
- 75% less house soiling
- 65% less barking