Your dog is, as all dogs, a highly social animal, feeling better and more confident when you are around. However, you can’t take your dog with you everywhere.
How can you tell if your dog is having issues when home alone?
Since you are not there, how do you know what happens? Ask your neighbours, they might hear some whining or barking. Check your door frames for scratch marks. Also your dog might leave some very obvious signs, like destroying your shoes, furniture, or soiling the house.
So what can you do?
- Prepare your absence by giving your dog plenty of exercise before, and plenty of distraction during your time away
- Plug in ADAPTIL Diffuser to provide comfort and reassurance to help keep your dog calm
- Avoid making a big fuss when you leave, and ignore your dog if he’s super excited when you come back.
- Reward your dog when he settles down and plays quietly with you around.
Using ADAPTIL Diffuser will help your dog feel calm and relaxed while you are away.
ADAPTIL Diffuser is clinically proven to help improve fear- and stress-related behaviours after just one month:
- 91% less destruction to furniture and belongings
- 75% less house soiling
- 65% less barking