1. Build your dog a safe spot. If your dog already hides in a particular spot, then make sure that place has plenty of blankets to burrow under. This helps dampen the noise. If your dog likes his crate to hide in, then add a blanket over the top and extra towels on the inside.
2. Close the curtains or blinds. Some dogs will associate the flashes of light with the impending noise. Closing the blinds help them be more comfortable.
3. Play classical music or Through a Dogs Ear™. This type of music can have a soothing effect on your dog.
4. Consider using an ADAPTIL® collar or diffuser. ADAPTIL® provides a pheromone that helps calm and reassure dogs during times of stress or fear. ADAPTIL® is clinically proven* to reduce fearful behaviors associated with fear of thunderstorms and fireworks. Signs such as trembling, hiding, and crying were reduced by nearly 80% after 30 days of use.
5. Please consult your veterinarian if your dog has severe signs and the above interventions are not working.
The Adaptil Collar is activated by body heat and releases the calming pheromone constantly, even when the dog is outside....
Scientific studies* have shown that using Adaptil helps to reduce the signs of stress in dogs and puppies exposed to...