How to help your dog cope with holiday stress
Tips to help your dog have a happier holiday
Many of the things we love about the holidays can actually be stressful for dogs. From large gatherings to trips away from home, changes in our routines and environment can upset our pets and lead to unwanted behaviours.
Here are 5 ways you can help your dog feel more relaxed this holiday season.
- Create a quiet, safe haven away from guests and gatherings.
- Play calming music for your dog to help drown out background noise.
- Fill the area with favourite toys, treats, comfortable bedding and necessities like fresh water.
- Remind visitors to be patient – let your dog decide who they want to interact with on their own time.
- Plug in an ADAPTIL Calm Home Diffuser or use an ADAPTIL Calm On-The-Go Collar for constant support at home and on the go.
Using ADAPTIL throughout the holidays helps your dog feel calm and safe so they can better adapt to the changes around them.
If your dog has been extremely fearful in the past, talk to your veterinarian or a qualified animal behaviourist for additional tips on how to maintain a calm environment.
ADAPTIL comforts and reassures dogs and puppies, helping them to feel calm and relaxedBuy ADAPTIL